Scientist, Facility Operations Job - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- We are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough.
- Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team.
- We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration.
- At our company, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
- Collaborate with research Scientists to create and utilize innovative translational models which will impact drug development and discovery and improve human health. With minimal direction and in compliance with departmental Standard Operating Procedures, MRL study requirements, as well as applicable regulations and guidelines to include USDA regulations and the NIH Guide, assists overseeing the details of animal care and related activities of Laboratory Animal Resources, Has primary responsibility for checking completion and quality of day to vivarium tasks.
- Ensures that quality support of research laboratory animal programs is a team effort with LAR, research staff and other support organizations.
- Collaborates across areas; communicates work related information to project teams; some contacts outside the department and Company; will represent functional group on area teams or committees.
- Independently carries out technical duties related to medical treatment, surgical assistance, laboratory practices, supplies organization, and laboratory records management.
Minimum BS in Biology or related Animal Science Field
Minimum 2 years in research laboratory animal field experience
- MS plus minimum 1 year experience preferred
- AAALAS certification; LATG or CMAR
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.