Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world. For those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Scientist, Bioinformatics and Microbiology, RTP
Are you a self-motivated and skilled bioinformatician/microbiologist who wants to be a part of our BioAg team developing beneficial microbes for agriculture? We offer a position in BioAg Microbial Discovery, a team of dedicated scientists with focus on isolating, identifying, and characterizing microbes that can improve crop yields. We are looking for a strong team player who can work closely with scientists in different departments and locations to plan and perform genomic analyses of our microbes. Your main responsibility will be to convert genomic data to knowledge for thousands of microbes in our screening program in order to make better selections of microbes that could have beneficial impacts on crops. You would need to be able to present complex data analyses in a structured and accessible way to different stakeholders.
In this position you need to have:
- A master’s degree and minimum 5 years’ experience or a PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Life Sciences or equivalent.
- A strong background in bioinformatics and statistical analysis of genomic data, preferably within microbiology (required).
- Experience with Linux systems and programming (Python) (preferred)
- Knowledge of Big Data within life sciences (preferred)
- A positive and open-minded attitude, good interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills (written and spoken) to achieve results together with others.
- The ability to work in the U.S. now or in the future without sponsorship
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries, we create tomorrow’s biosolutions, improving our customers’ business and the use of our planet’s resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: May 3rd, 2017