At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world for those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of R&D, you will create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Scientist - Microbiologist/Plant-Microbe Interactions
Novozymes is seeking a Scientist responsible for generating and analyzing data obtained from multiple data streams, including in planta assays, molecular microbiology, genomics, and metabolomics to elucidate mechanisms underlying beneficial plant-microbe interactions.
In this position, you will need to have:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences with emphasis on plant-microbe interactions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing and implementing small scale in planta assays to determine mode(s) of action for plant growth-promoting microorganisms.
- A solid understanding of the biology and ecology of soil bacteria such as Bacillus, Streptomyces, Rhizobium and Pseudomonas species are highly desirable
- Mainstream computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in using standard genomics/molecular biology databases and software tools is preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are essential
- Be a productive player in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working with colleagues from other locations
- Solid academic/industrial foundation in microbiology, microbial, metabolism & genetics with special focus on plant-microbe interactions
Candidate will be challenged with the complexity of global project activities as part of a unique cross-functional team focusing on development of transformational microbial technologies for agriculture.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries we create tomorrow’s industrial biosolutions, improving our customers' business, and the use of our planet's resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
Contact information People and Organization
Application deadline: 8/31/2017
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.