- A scientist position is available in our department. We are looking a candidate who has a strong background within preclinical in vivo techniques, an interest in pharmacology and CNS with focus on depression and schizophrenia research.
- Synaptic Transmission In-vivo is engaged in early to late stage drug discovery within CNS disorders.
- We are dedicated to identifying novel drug targets based on understanding of the neurobiological processes underlying disease etiology and pathology.
- The department currently consists of 10 research academics, 2 IT consultants, 8 laboratory technicians, 1 post doc, 3 PhD students and 4 master students.
- Your job will consist of laboratory, analytical and project work with focus on in vivo microdialysis with the goal to progress our projects and to explore potential new drug targets as well as understanding the neurobiology of psychiatric diseases.
- The microdialysis group is part of a team aiming at translating basic science into applied research.
- You will generate and interpret data to support the progression of our drug discovery and development programs.
- You will closely interact with members of other scientific disciplines internally and with external partners thereby contributing to a collaborative environment.
Our preferred candidate holds the following professional and personal competences:
- Holds a Ph.D. degree and gained post-doctoral experience in the field of neurobiology with a focus on in vivo technologies.
- Is experienced in stereotaxic surgery in animals.
- Is experienced in performing microdialysis.
- Is experienced in various HPLC or LC/MS analyses.
- Has experience within CNS and pharmacological research from academia or industry.
- Experience with amperometry for measurement of neurotransmitters in-vivo is an advantage.
- Experience with optogenetic and DREADD techniques is an advantage.
- Is proactive and can work independently with a high scientific standard in a timely manner.
- Has strong external scientific network.
- Is a strong communicator and team player in multidisciplinary project teams.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
We are an internationally oriented group that offers excellent laboratory facilities, an open atmosphere, highly qualified colleagues and a warm social climate.
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.