Scientist, Computational Biology - United States
CQR seeks a scientist to join our vibrant interdisciplinary team to develop and facilitate interpretation of complex next-generation sequencing data from tumor xenografts and derived single-cells. The right candidate will share our passion for pioneering new solutions, continual improvement, and uncompromising quality in research.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Adapt open source tools and/or develop visualization methods to enable bench scientists to query, display and interpret NGS data types. These include RNA-expression from single-cells and bulk tissues, variant data from exome sequencing, copy-number data from whole genome sequencing, and epigenetic data.
• Facilitate data sharing/management from internal and open-source based databases.
• Ability to integrate laboratory instrument metadata to databases
• Comfortable working in Linux and Docker environments.
• General knowledge of NGS technologies, sequence analysis tools and public visualization resources.
• Experience with Amazon EC2 cloud resources; e.g. S3, EC2, Lambda and others.
• Highly self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Able to critically structure data.
• Possess in-depth knowledge in some area of data visualization
• Understands fundamental scientific problems and can apply knowledge to research and development projects and problems in a positive manner.
• Contributes individually as well as on cross functional teams.
• Responsible for more complex assignments and for more than one project.