Scientist, Biochemistry and Biophysics Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This is a career opportunity in the Biochemistry and Biophysics Group within the Department of Early Discovery Pharmacology at MRL-Boston. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Develop and implement biochemical and biophysical assays to support identification and validation of new drug targets in several disease areas.
- Support discovery and refinement of small-molecule drug candidates.
- Conduct small-molecule compound screens to generate potency and selectivity data in support of selection and evolution of compounds.
- Execute biochemical and biophysical studies to elucidate the mechanism of action of small-molecule drug candidates.
- BS/BA degree in biochemistry or a closely related discipline.
- Proven ability to develop manual/semi-automated biochemical assays such as radio-receptor binding assays, enzymatic assays employing various detection modalities, and non-radiometric assays for protein-ligand, protein-nucleic acid, and protein-protein binding.
- Hands-on experience in recombinant protein expression using E Coli, insect and mammalian cells, protein purification using a FPLC system, and common methods for protein analysis.
- Experience with data analysis software such as GraphPad Prism.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, and proven ability to function well in a matrix organization pursuing team objectives.
- Experience with automated liquid dispensing platforms.
- Previous work experience in a drug discovery setting.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Pharmacology - DPS
Job Title:Scientist, Pharmacology
Primary Location: NA-US-MA-Boston
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Scientific, Biochemistry, Scientist, Data Analyst, Animal Health, Engineering, Science, Data, Veterinary