This job is currently Archived,
Scientist Antibody Discovery - Lead Selection and Characterization - Canada
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Our company is a leading global biotechnology company, with a mission to serve patients around the world.
- As a science-based, patient-focused organization, we discover and develop innovative therapies to treat serious illnesses.
- Our medicines have made a dramatic difference in the lives of millions.
- This team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced researcher to help us advance our therapeutic antibody discovery efforts.
- The incumbent will complement an innovative group with a strong track record of success in pioneering novel antibody-based therapeutics to treat grievous illnesses.
- The role will be laboratory-based, supporting multiple diverse therapeutic discovery programs, in addition, to bringing forward crucial new concepts and techniques to identify therapeutic candidates with extreme functional design goals.
- An essential part of this role is a demonstrated competency with in vitro selection technologies such as Phage display, Yeast display or Mammalian display with fundamental scientific strengths in protein biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology.
- This role will also be involved in assay development and design, scientific analysis, problem solving and creativity.
- Canadian and international applicants will be considered.
- PhD in a scientific discipline
- Master’s degree in a scientific discipline and 4 years of scientific experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and 6 years of scientific experience
- 2 years’ experience in one or more antibody discovery technologies (e.g. hybridoma, phage display, B cell recovery (SLAM), nanoscale screening, gel microdrop, NGS, etc.)
- Assay development supporting large molecule screening
- Knowledge of FACS based binding assays and analysis
- 3+ years' relevant post-doctoral research or equivalent industry experience in therapeutic antibody discovery field.
- Proficiency in screening characterization platforms; Biacore, ForteBio, etc.
- Large molecule discovery and development experience
- Demonstrated Group management/leadership experience
- Experience in a working environment requiring strong inter-personal and communication skills across a broad range of audiences including senior scientists and leaders throughout an organization
- A consistent record of scientific achievement including innovation, collaboration and publication.
- Experience in a role requiring strong problem solving and scientific skills
- IP creation
- Our company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users.
- Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to facilitate the equal participation of candidates with disabilities, should you be selected for an interview.