Scientist, Analytical Chemistry - United States
- Our new multi-disciplinary discovery research site offers state-of- the-art resources to explore the most promising science combined with our company’s world-class R&D expertise in small molecules and biologic. Located within the heart of the Bay area’s biomedical community, research conducted in our new laboratories spans exploratory biology through early clinical development and is an integral part of our company’s powerful world-class network of drug and vaccine discovery.
- We are inspired by the belief that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to scientific excellence can create medicines and vaccines that save and improve lives. Every employee is building on our proud legacy of scientific breakthrough.
- Our ability to impact the lives of patients worldwide depends on the integrity, creativity, humility and scientific acumen of our team.
- We are creating a diverse organization that is inspired by invention and founded on a culture of respect and collaboration.
- You’ll have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills through collaboration with talented and dedicated colleagues while advancing your career.
- Our company is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join a team engaged in purifying and characterizing novel compounds within the Discovery Chemistry Department site. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing analytical methods and provide achiral/chiral purification support in an automated high throughput environment.
Specific responsibilities will include and are not limited to the following:
- Isolate desired products from crude reaction mixtures (mg-g scale) with mass-directed purification systems (LC and SFC).
- Troubleshoot and maintain analytical and preparative systems.
- Operate automated liquid handling systems and centrifugal evaporators.
- Handle electronic data, interpret results, and communicate with chemists.
- Perform sample preparation and post purification handling.
- Perform general laboratory logistics and ordering.
- Maintain accurate lab records and documentation.
Education / Work Experience Requirement:
- BS with a minimum of (5) years in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with industrial experience
- MS with a minimum of (2) years in Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with industrial experience
Experience as a researcher in a Pharmaceutical/biotech setting with hands-on experience in analytical instrumentation (e.g. HPLC, MS, etc.).
- Experience in high-throughput lab operations such as array purification, liquid handling instruments, data interpretation, workflow management and forecasting
- Technical knowledge in the field of separation sciences and SFC
- Knowledge of the MassLynx software package and / or ChemStation
- Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with the ability to independently resolve issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with individuals in multiple functional areas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment