Scientist, Analytical Chemistry - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
- Our company is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company.
- Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. Our Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take company’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologic R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
- The Analytical Research & Development department of our company Research Laboratories is seeking applicants for an analytical chemist at the Scientist level.
- The position is available at our company’s research facility. The position is a laboratory-based scientific role tasked with solving complex analytical problems at the interface of chemistry and engineering disciplines to enable development of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
- The successful candidate must function well and be able to collaborate in a fast-paced, integrated, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Academic and or research experience should demonstrate successful application of state-of-the-art analytical techniques to solve chemistry problems, such as: chiral / achiral separations (HPLC / SFC/ GC / CE / IC), spectroscopic techniques (NMR, MS, UV-VIS / IR / Fluorescence / Raman), solid-state analysis (X-ray diffraction, DVS, DSC, TGA and microscopy), and classical wet chemistry techniques.
- Additional experience in synthetic / physical organic chemistry, mechanistic / kinetic studies of chemical reactions, continuous monitoring using process analytical tools, or lab automation / informatics is considered a plus. Applicants must have effective organizational, multi-tasking, oral / written communications skills, show scientific leadership, and a desire to work in the laboratory setting.
M.S. in analytical chemistry or related field or B.S. with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Chromatography including HPLC, GC as well as Mass Spectrometry is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated creativity, strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with cross-functional interactions is essential