Scientist Analytical Assays - United States
- We are looking for an Analytical (Assays) Scientist with experience in assay development and analytical testing for our R&D department, MA and additional work in the Netherlands.
- You will be responsible for day to day laboratory operations within client and in-house projects, using a variety of assay methods, analytical systems and processes.
- You will be involved in designing studies, optimizing methodology, as well as, contributing to proposals, protocols and reports.
- The selected candidate will join a stimulating group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment.
- As part of this group, personal as well as scientific growth are encouraged and developed.
- 4 or more years of experience in analytical technologies and cell culture with a some background or education in purification;
- Research, process development or production experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment. GMP experience is preferred;
- Experience with a wide variety of analytical methods used in the biotechnology industry (for both cells and proteins);
- Proven skill with biomolecule analytical method development and routine testing.
- Experience cell-based activity and viral titer assays is ideal;
- A Graduate degree (or BSc with extensive relevant experience) in life science biotechnology, biochemical engineering or relate field.
Specific analytical skills being sought include:
- SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, and IEF
- ELISA, enzyme activity assays, and Cytokine assays
- Spectrophotometric test methods
- FACS and Fluorescence focus infectivity assays
- Cell culture, virus culture and virus plaque assays
- Cell culture in T-flasks, micro carriers, and (small) spinner flasks
In the interviews it will be clear that:
- You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment;
- You are capable of working independently and participating with the team;
- You have excellent communication and documentation skills;
- You enjoy and are capable of complex troubleshooting/problem solving;
- You are capable of keeping meticulous track of experimental data and results in lab notebooks, have an understanding of the necessary work and are able to meet deadlines;
- You can work under pressure and do not have a 9 till 5 mentality;
- You enjoy both hands-on, theoretical work and developing/investigating new technologies.