Scientist, AAV - United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland
- We are seeking a Research Scientist to join an exciting, fast growing and well financed new company to develop novel gene editing therapies for serious diseases.
- The successful candidates will be integral in discovering and developing the next generation of genetic therapies for a wide range of indications.
- This position requires a deep knowledge of the mechanisms of gene therapy or gene editing, and its applications to treat human disease.
- The successful candidates will have significant experience and past success designing and performing experiments in cellular and molecular biology, including cell culture and genetic manipulation, and experience working with protein, DNA and RNA.
- The position requires enthusiasm, passion, attention to detail, and a desire to create important new medicines for patients.
- Design and perform research in gene editing of mammalian cells both ex vivo and in vivo in animal models of human diseases, requiring cell and molecular biology as well as protein biochemistry techniques
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- BS/MS with >10 years of experience in relevant research fields
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture, infection, transduction and transfection and cell-based assays; molecular biology including cloning, PCR, qPCR, DNA, RNA and protein biology
- Proficient in flow cytometry, including preparation of samples, analysis and sorting
- A strong track record of intellectually challenging oneself to enhance scientific capabilities
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, and with significant attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with peers and effectively work in a results oriented research team environment
- Prior experience in gene editing of mammalian cells and prior experience working in a biotech company, and experience in different types of delivery methods including viral vector and AAV would be ideal
- Scientific Rigor/Attention to detail – Maintains high scientific rigor and attention to detail in designing and testing hypotheses and analyzing data.
- Challenges assumptions, demonstrates highly organized thinking and documentation.
- Creativity/Innovation – Creates a boundary-less environment that fosters curiosity and taking risks, is able to test, confirm or refute scientific hypothesis effectively and efficiently.
- Open to new approaches, alternative points of view and methodologies. Able to be opportunistic.
- Communication and Teamwork – Effectively expresses ideas in written, visual, and oral context.
- Able to work co-cooperatively with others; the genuine desire to be a part of a team and contribute to organizational and team goals.
- Passion – Creates an exciting environment where there is a true passion for the vision of company Therapeutics to bring novel medicines to patients suffering from serious diseases.