Scientifique de Support ONS Support Scientist ONS - Canada
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Support Scientist ONS for our Safety assessment site located in Senneville (Montreal).
- Involved in drafting, as necessary, study plans, amendments, reports and SOP’s.
- Assist the study director in the report preparation and finalization process.
- Assist in quality control and in the preparation of data for interim reports/updates to the sponsor.
- Reviewing and interpretation of specialized data (imaging and electrophysiology data)
- Participation in validation, training, and research & development activities within the department.
- The support scientist may be involved in observing procedures performed on studies. May interact with sponsors, when requested. Can serve as point of contact for the sponsor when the study director is not available, if requested.
- Assist in IACUC form preparation, in documentation of deviations from the protocol or SOP, compilation of the historical control data and various other publications.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Possesses a BSc. or equivalent in science or related discipline.
- Possesses 1 to 2 years of experience in toxicology
- Is familiar with GLP regulation guidelines and SOPs, as they apply to regulated research or has worked in a similar industry environment.
- Has good interpersonal skills and is able to communicate in English.
- Has strong organisational skills and attention to detail and is a good team player
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet