Scientific Software Analyst – Bioinformatics - India
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world leader in plant biotechnology area including discovery, development and delivery of elite crop genetics.
- Our company is aggressively building Data Science and Bioinformatics capabilities in order to deliver improved products to our customers.
- We are currently seeking Bioinformatics Business Analyst at the company Knowledge Center in India for our global Data Science and Informatics group.
- You’ll become part of a work environment that nurtures your interests, ignites your passion, creates opportunities to serve and helps you attain success–both personally and professionally.
- The hiring level will be commensurate with the level of experience.
- This is a critical position with the potential to make immediate, significant impact on our business.
- As a key contributor, the successful candidate will work closely within the research organization to implement rich multitier bioinformatics solutions that are aligned with, and extend, shared research programs.
- Our scientific software analysts lead software requirement analyses to determine technical dependencies, estimate relative effort required, and ensure consistency across applications. Managing requirements at the project level to help fulfill business needs.
- We are looking for those creative, smart, model driven, agile individuals who enjoy giving their all to tackle diverse software needs.
- The Scientific Software Analyst will help lead software development teams in understanding business cases.
- Candidate will be involved in planning and monitoring, eliciting requirements, analysis & communication.
- He/she should drive the design and review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope and acceptance.
- The candidate will be part of a diverse team of experimental biologists, computational biologists and software developers.
- A critical aspect of this position involves working with global teams across multiple locations.
- Communication and team work are key elements of this role; excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Computational biology, Scientific Computing or related field
- 2-5 years of Post-Master’s experience in software development or life science industry
- Prior experience as a business analyst
- Prior experience in Programming/Scripting languages, Web Development, Bioinformatics data analysis
- Demonstrable experience in bioinformatics software requirement analysis
- Prior experience in laboratory information management system handling and development
- Knowledge about experimental lab process and technology (e.g. DNA sequencing, Molecular Biology, Phenotyping) Exposure to project management tools (JIRA, Confluence, RED MINE, etc.) and agile development environment