Scientific Services Specialist (Purification) - United States
Position Title: - Scientific Services Specialist (Purification) - Cambridge, MA
Location: Cambridge, MA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
The OneSource Lab Computing IT Service Engineer provides scientific and laboratory services, of manufacturing equipment, chrome skids, and validation/compliance services. This role works seamlessly with and supports the other PerkinElmer practices and divisions within the lab computing environment
- Perform purification of submitted compounds by 15 chemists, expected turnaround time ~48 hours.
- Optimization of analytical methods for analysis and purification of organic compounds
- Operation/maintenance of HPLC and mass spectrometry equipment
- Quantitative HPLC and HPLC-MS analysis of target analytes in a variety of matrices
- Purify new compounds synthesized by our medicinal chemists
- BS in Chemistry
- Master instruments Waters Prep HPLC system, Waters LCMS system; Normal phase chromatography systems (Isco, Grace and Biotage);
- Extensive hands-on experience running HPLC and mass spectrometry equipment, developing HPLC methods, and interpreting HPLC and mass spec data
- Familiar with the software (especially the Waters systems) used to run these units.
- The following skills would be a plus (1) Knowledge of basic maintenance of Bruker NMR machine (2) Chemistry knowledge and the ability to assign chemical structure by NMR and LCMS techniques.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or customer’s site safety code.