Scientific Medical Affairs Manager (M/F) - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company focuses on products that address increasing resistance and non-response to current treatment options in the therapeutic areas of bacterial infections, fungal infections and cancer.
- The company uses the integrated research, development and commercial operations to discover, develop and commercialize innovative pharmaceutical products to meet the medical needs of patients with serious and potentially life-threatening conditions.
- To strengthen our Medical Affairs team, part of our Development organization, we are looking for a motivated Scientific Medical Affairs Manager (M/F)
- Define, implement and coordinate a global scientific strategy and tactical plan for the brands (non-clinical studies, microbiology susceptibility testing, automated testing, microbiological surveillance programs, therapeutic drug monitoring and microbial/fungal diagnostics conduct scientific activities) in full alignment with the Global Medical Affairs Plan and Brand Plan strategy to support the strategic objectives of our brands
- Support and provide high quality scientific and microbiological expertise to other global functions: communications, commercial, pricing and market access
- Contribute into a global medical/scientific expert engagement plan in cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders (research, development, legal, commercial, pricing and market access) to strengthen current relationships and building new partnerships/collaborations with medical experts, scientific/professional associations and medical societies
- Contribute into a global communication strategy and publication plan for our brands (abstracts, posters/orals, primary, secondary manuscripts, review articles, other) using internal and external partner
- Support local country teams (and HQ teams where appropriate) in the analyses of clinical and microbiological data in order to optimize differentiation of our brands
- Works closely with the European and local MSL teams to ensure local scientific medical affairs activities are complementary and aligned global medical affairs strategy
- Provide scientific and microbiological related review/approval in compliance with company policy guidelines of all promotional materials/content
- MD or PhD in microbiology, virology, infectious disease or a related life science discipline with minimum of 3 years of experience in the infectious disease space with interdisciplinary exposure through industry or scientific/academic roles
- Prior experience in designing, executing and interpretation of non-clinical studies in the field of infectious disease
- Experience in writing, reviewing scientific publications through the peer-review process
- Proven experience of successful development and implementation of innovative projects with a focus for time and quality, with particular focus on the ability to work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner, as well as flexible with ability to operate in a changing environment
- Ability to manage, optimize resources and budget to meet function and business objective
- Familiarity with industry codes (IFPMA/EFPIA)
- Hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious individual who is able to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including good IT-user skills in MS-Office programs
- English language proficiency, any other language is an asset
We offer an interesting and varied work environment in a dynamic future-oriented enterprise with a highly motivated team, a competitive salary and benefits.