Scientific Medical Affairs Manager (M/F) - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company focuses on products that address increasing resistance and non-response to current treatment options in the therapeutic areas of bacterial infections, fungal infections and cancer. The company uses the integrated research, development and commercial operation to discover, develop and commercialize innovative pharmaceutical products to meet the medical needs of patients with serious and potentially life-threatening conditions.
- To strengthen our Medical Affairs team, part of our Development organization, we are looking for a motivated Scientific Medical Affairs Manager (M/F)
- Define, implement and coordinate a global scientific strategy and tactical plan for the brands (non-clinical studies, microbiology susceptibility testing, automated testing, microbiological surveillance programs, therapeutic drug monitoring and microbial/fungal diagnostics conduct scientific activities) in full alignment with the Global Medical Affairs Plan and Brand Plan strategy to support the strategic objectives of our brands
- Support and provide high quality scientific and microbiological expertise to other global functions: communications, commercial, pricing and market access
- Contribute into a global medical/scientific expert engagement plan in cross-functional collaboration with internal stakeholders (research, development, legal, commercial, pricing and market access) to strengthen current relationships and building new partnerships/collaborations with medical experts, scientific/professional associations and medical societies
- Contribute into a global communication strategy and publication plan for our brands (abstracts, posters/orals, primary, secondary manuscripts, review articles, other) using internal and external partners
- Support local country teams (and HQ teams where appropriate) in the analyses of clinical and microbiological data in order to optimize differentiation of our brands
- Works closely with the European and local MSL teams to ensure local scientific medical affairs activities are complementary and aligned global medical affairs strategy
- Provide scientific and microbiological related review/approval in compliance with company policy guidelines of all promotional materials/content
- MD or PhD in microbiology, virology, infectious disease or a related life science discipline with minimum of 3 years of experience in the infectious disease space with interdisciplinary exposure through industry or scientific/academic roles
- Prior experience in designing, executing and interpretation of non-clinical studies in the field of infectious disease
- Experience in writing, reviewing scientific publications through the peer-review process
- Proven experience of successful development and implementation of innovative projects with a focus for time and quality, with particular focus on the ability to work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner, as well as flexible with ability to operate in a changing environment
- Ability to manage, optimize resources and budget to meet function and business objective
- Familiarity with industry codes (IFPMA/EFPIA)
- Hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious individual who is able to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including good IT-user skills in MS-Office programs
- English language proficiency, any other language is an asset
- We offer an interesting and varied work environment in a dynamic future-oriented enterprise with a highly motivated team, a competitive salary and benefits.
- We look forward to receiving your online application including your complete documents.