Scientific Leader and Research Manager - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Scientific Leadership Research Manager(SLRM) – Oncology
- The SLRM position is a core function within the Global Center for Scientific Affairs (GCSA) whose mission is to advance human health through facilitation of scientific exchange and engagement with the external scientific community; peer-reviewed scientific publications; and support of investigator-initiated and company initiated clinical trials.
- The SLRM must possess strong project management skills and have the ability to lead without direct authority over a continuum of stakeholders to ensure that the practice of meaningful and collaborative scientific exchange, through engagement activities, is achieved to globally influence our strategies.
- Optimal oversight of the operations of the Oncology company Investigator Studies Program (MISP) is pivotal to ensuring that the research submitted to the company by investigators is compliantly and efficiently managed.
Supports Global Director of Scientific Affairs (GDSA) – Europe and headquarters’ GCSA operations team and local company Research Laboratory stakeholders with the oversight of IIS research proposals from Europe.
Scientific Engagement Responsibilities:
Planning manager with the GDSA in Europe based company Research Laboratories team for all local scientific engagements and key Congresses and serves as the point of contact with GCSA operations for US based engagements in which non-US members of the scientific community are invited.
Scope of SLRM Position:
- The SLRM is a project manager for the MISP and Scientific Engagement activity for the Oncology Therapeutic Area.
- These key functions contribute to the development and refinement of our Oncology Therapeutic Area Scientific Leadership Strategy for our company.
- MISP serves a critical function to advance science and improve patient care collaboratively with capable, qualified investigators, further enhancing our reputation and advancing our scientific leadership goals globally.
- The SLRM problem solves and makes empowered decisions that affect a wide range of cross-divisional stakeholders.
- High leadership, resilience and mentoring skills are required for the SLRM position.
- Our research laboratories strategic decisions are contingent upon and guided by emerging needs that require cross-divisional and multi-region collaboration.
- 6 Years of Pharmaceutical or Healthcare related experience in internal or external scientific research operations
- Research database proficiency
- Project management skills
- Executive level meeting management experience
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Segment: Scientific, Oncology, Clinical Research, Medical Research, Engineering, Healthcare, Research