Scientific IT Support (South San Francisco, CA) Job San Francisco United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Bachelor s degree (preferable disciplines: Pharmaceutical Sciences development related, Information Technology)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry in IT-based scientific support role
- Managed IT services in support of research workflows including research data and information, and use of scientific tools
- Delivered of scientific IT capabilities to R&D areas or support of scientific IT capabilities in R&D areas
- Managed operational aspects for IT team including budget, third party vendors
- Created demonstrable business value through via technology and information
- Effective project planning ability to own service and support deliverables working
- Understanding of IT infrastructure required to support research activities
- Competency in leading change management initiatives in a networking environment
- Ability to work with service vendors and other IT groups to address business needs through innovative solutions
- Excellent business acumen for managing & prioritizing demand, and demonstrated delivery of business value
- Detail oriented, thorough, well organized and effectively manage time
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years Line People Management experience
- Knowledge and experience in System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to leverage global functions to drive resolution of broad and technical issues
- Led efforts to streamline and improve existing services
- Design, construction, configuration and installation of IT solutions
- Demonstrated success with business adoption and value realization
- Independently prioritizes activities in support of multiple projects
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: NA-US-CA-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Scientific, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Change Management, Engineering, Science, Research, Management
Find a Job Find Candidates