This job is currently Archived,
Scientific Consultant / Field Application Scientist, Screener Basel Switzerland,
Posted on : 20 June 2017
- We are looking for a Scientific Consultant / Field Application Scientist for a full-time permanent position as a Scientific Account Manager (SAM).
- This position is within our company Screener business unit, and requires about 30% travel within Europe, and occasional travel to North America.
- The Scientific Account Manager is a scientific and technical consultant for our customers.
- A SAM has a very dynamic job you will wear many different hats, interact with many different people, and use your scientific and technical knowledge to solve real-world scientific screening problems.
- This position is especially well suited for you if you have a scientific/technical background, enjoy variety in your daily work, and want to expand your skill set (scientific, technical, and soft skills).
- First and foremost, you will become an expert in scientific and informatics matters related to biological (small and large molecule) screening data analysis in general and the use of our company Screener software in particular. You will combine this expertise with excellent communication skills and project management know-how to (a) support our customers in getting the most out of our company Screener, (b) aid our sales team, and (c) propose, plan, execute and manage service projects.
- You will establish a relationship based on trust with our customers by being their first point of contact and sparring partner on scientific and technical matters.
- We want our customers to have excellent screening processes, and it will be your job to get them there.
- You will also provide user training, and product support.
- You will work in tandem with our Business Account Managers in establishing and communicating the value of our company Screener to prospects and customers.
- Tasks include qualifying customer needs, giving pre-sales presentations and demos, and managing software evaluation projects.
- In addition, you will act as project manager for projects of different types: scientific consulting, software implementation, systems integration, and data analysis projects. You will ensure their delivery at the level of excellence that our customers know us for.
- This involves proper project set up and planning to achieve the customer s goals; specifying and coordinating the implementation work of our developers; guaranteeing adherence to scope, budget and time lines; managing change in the project; controlling the quality of all deliverables; providing customer feedback to product management; and supporting the Screener team to keep improving our processes.
- In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, we want you to help all of us in the Screener team to improve, and we count on your knowledge, creativity, and technical skills to further advance our science, marketing, development, and product management.
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will be exposed to a range of different people, so you should feel comfortable interacting with customers at all levels (managers, scientists, and IT experts) and be prepared to constantly communicate internally.
- We are particularly looking for candidates with a degree (preferably post-graduate) within quantitative biology, bioinformatics, applied physics, applied mathematics, or a related field.
- In addition, 2+ years of industry experience would be a definitive advantage, especially in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company, a contract research organization, a consulting company, a provider of scientific software, or the software department of a provider of screening instrumentation. If you do not have experience in any of these companies, we look forward to receiving your application if you possess the skills listed below, are a fast learner and wish to quickly delve into the scientific and technical challenges of cutting-edge screening technologies in the context of Pharmaceutical R&D.
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience
- The role involves scripting and working with UNIX systems, which means that experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python) as well as basic familiarity with the UNIX shell environment will get you up to speed faster.
- Familiarity with Java, networks, databases, data mining, image analysis, distributed systems, and/or web technologies is an advantage, but not strictly required for the job.
- Experience in managing IT projects involving multiple stakeholders is a clear plus.
- You will work with a range of screening technologies and application areas (please see our website for currently supported technologies), so deeper knowledge within a few or broader knowledge across several of them would be desirable
- Our customers are mainly pharmaceutical research organizations, thus your experience with pharmaceutical research and the drug discovery process would be valuable to us.
- Our company is an exceptional company. With nearly two decades of success in research informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception.
- As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution.
- Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.
Find a Job Find Candidates