Scientific Affairs Advisor - 12 month fixed term contract - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge.
- With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- Provide a comprehensive medical information service to internal and external customers and to support improvements and maintenance of medical information systems
- Manage out of hours calls and the out of hours service provider contract
- Provide scientific advisory support for claims / materials development and approval, ensuring compliance with the relevant Code’s of Practice and legislation
- Act as a key member within the cross-functional disease team, working closely with Medical Affairs, Marketing, Market Access and Regulatory, maintaining high levels of Code compliance whilst supporting commercial and medical aims and activities
- Provide scientific advisory support for claims/ materials development, ensuring medical accuracy of scientific content, and compliance with relevant Code’s of Practice and legislation. Responsible for data provision and ensuring data maximizes commercial potential
- Input into Code of Practice defense of claims from competitor companies, healthcare professions and regulatory authorities as required
- Actively involved in the development and implementation of operational plans including disease team and medical plans
- Supporting Medical Affairs and the Marketing team to develop market leads for developing and driving the disease team plan and leveraging clinical scientific data to optimise the adoption of the promotional campaigns
- Prepare and deliver brand-related presentations and training to field teams as required
- Act as a point of escalation for medical information queries
- Support and manage the third party service provider including management of contracts, working practices and regular quality control checks to ensure compliance with relevant procedures and legislation
- Formulate high quality written and telephone responses reflecting the most recently available data on company products in response to inquiries received from both internal and external customers and ensure responses conform to both company guidelines and practices and the ABPI code of practice
- Develop and maintain Medical Information standard responses for use in The UK and Republic of Ireland in collaboration with Global Medical Information
- Further develop and maintain the internal Medical Information database
- Perform weekly quality checks (QC) checks on medical information responses, liaising with US colleagues to ensure global consistency and provide reports for all safety enquiries received via Medical Information, to the drug safety team for reconciliation
- Support out-of-hours emergency cover in collaboration with Medical Director / Associate Director Medical Affairs
- Ensure adverse events and pregnancy reports are duly processed in line with company procedures and assist in assessment of adverse event reports originating in the UK and Ireland for completeness, consistency and reporting requirements
- Attends medical congresses to staff medical affairs booths and acts as an information resource for the company’s products.
- Ensures the disease team are updated on relevant data acquired from medical congresses
- Manage the company’s Copyright licences. Liaison with the Copyright Licensing Agency to ensure all clinical papers distributed or received are within copyright laws and our licence
- Responsible for the development/maintenance of relevant SOPs, in collaboration with the Medical Director and Associate Director of Quality and Regulatory Affairs
- Medical/Scientific background with a minimum of degree level qualification in pharmacy/pharmacology or relevant biological science
- Past Pharmaceutical Industry experience is desirable
- Prior experience in the provision of Medical Information service
- Proven working knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice
- Past experience in the Inflammation and / or Immunology therapy areas desirable
Proven skills in:
- Literature database searching and related computer skills
- Clinical data interpretation
- Medical writing skills
- Customer communication skills including a good telephone manner