Scientific Account Manager Bioprocess - Switzerland
- We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our company Bioprocess™ product, an enterprise IT platform making biopharma development workflows more efficient and increasing process quality. Our customer base consists primarily of large pharmaceuticals, Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs), and biopharma generics companies (biosimilars).
- Our company is primarily used by groups in cell line development, upstream and downstream bioprocess optimization (USP and DSP), as well as analytical and formulation development.
- As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment projects and scientific consulting projects.
- This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a successful, cutting-edge software system.
- The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
- Conduct customer requirement analyses
- Functionally specify and document customer needs
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting
- Manage software installations and upgrades for customers
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Coordinate with product managers, professional services and product development teams
- Master’s or Ph. D. degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
- In addition, you have already successfully managed larger, multi-group IT, technical, or scientific projects or delivered professional services in the life science industry.
- 2-4 years of experience in either biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or software industry
- Self-motivated and independent candidates that are curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
- Experience and talent at giving presentations
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work as well as the ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts
Additional Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering (incl. bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates/ ADCs), protein expression and purification, bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus
- Practical experience in software development, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are required, together with a good understanding of molecular biology concepts
- Hands-on experience with UNIX systems, Oracle databases, Java and scripting languages are advantageous
- Our company is an exceptional company. With nearly two decades of success in research informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception
- As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution.
- Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.