Scientific Account Manager, Biopharma Discovery - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our product Biologics™, a first-in-class workflow system that has been designed to increase the efficiency and quality of the biopharmaceutical discovery process.
- As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment projects and scientific consulting projects.
- This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to streamline biologics discovery research.
- The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a quickly growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
Work on scientific and technical customer projects, including process analysis projects, scientific and technical requirements projects, large enterprise system deployment projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations
- Conduct customer requirement analyses
- Functionally specify and document customer need
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting
- Manage software installations and upgrades for customers
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Coordinate with product managers, professional services and product development teams
- MSc or PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries or software industry
- Self-motivated and independent candidates that are curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
- Experience and talent at giving presentations
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work as well as the ability to interact productively with scientists and IT experts
- Experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering (incl. bispecific antibodies, antibody drug conjugates/ ADCs), protein expression and purification, bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus
- Practical experience software development, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are advantageous
- Fluency in German is a plus