SCADA Systems Specialist Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The SCADA Systems Specialist will fill a new, key role at the Elkhorn facility in support and development of the site’s SCADA and Computerized Process Control Systems. The position will be responsible for developing a central SCADA Process Control System to integrate with new and existing Human Machine Interface, as well as equipment level PLC control systems. The Specialist will also be responsible for development and spread of the existing Andover Building Management System (BMS).
The SCADA Systems Specialist will be responsible for developing requirements for new systems, back up maintenance, user training, and upgrade project management. The Specialist will also be responsible for Change Control of all Computerized Process Control on the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, Specify, and Manage a SCADA systems upgrade project.
- Maintain and support Process Vision Systems; including Cognex and Systech systems.
- Provide and/or oversee integration activities between SCADA, PLC, HMI, Vision, and Data Collection systems.
- Maintain and support the integrated Serialization Vision System (Systech).
- Support the Shop Floor Network.
- Open and track Change Controls through the process to closing.
- Develop Charter / A3 documents to gain project alignment for project activities.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications for project and change control activities.
- Develop and Execute Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation protocols for testing of system changes and upgrades.
- Train user groups on the efficient and effective use of their system interfaces and required applications.
- Develop and update SOPs.
- Attend and execute Equipment Vendor Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Oversee Automation contractors and consultants.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications (URS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), and Detailed Design Specifications (DDS) for small projects.
- Review and approve URS, FRS, and DDS specifications developed by outside providers.
- Minimum Two year Associates Technical Degree as electro-mechanical, automation specialist or controls specialist as a minimum, with five years’ experience.
- Experience with development and integration of Computer based Supervisory Computerized and Data Acquisition systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot multi-tiered, complicated, integrated automation systems.
- Must be skilled in end user communication to promote understanding of systems, their capabilities, and their limitations.
- Demonstrated ability to create and modify electrical control systems for industrial equipment. This includes panel layout, schematic drawings, PLC, HMI, and Lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience with Rockwell ControlLogix PLCs required.
- WonderWare or RSView SE experience required.
- Andover and Infinet experience required.
- Systech experience and training required.
- I/O Networking experience is preferred (i.e. Ethernet/IP, Profinet, ControlNet, Profinet, DeviceNet, and ModBus protocols).
- Basic Networking experience is preferred.
Other Skills/Abilities or Special Requirements
- Project Development through customer collaboration and Practical Problem Solving Approaches (PDCA).
- Root Cause Analysis including consistent use of 5-Why philosophy will be required in this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively using the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and demanding environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- High degree of ownership and pride in successfully completing initiatives.
- Knowledge of PC use and ability to use various software programs as required.
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD required.
- Ability to use various hand held measuring devices.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a limited basis.
- Climb stairs and ladders to access equipment components.
- Ability to work at a computer to accomplish requirements above.
- Capable of working in unconditioned spaces at times.
- Other: Limited off shift work may be required to meet project, operations, and qualification needs.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manufacturing Automation
Job Title:Spclst, Manufacturing Automation
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Electrical, Facilities, Testing, Project Manager, Animal Health, Engineering, Operations, Technology, Veterinary