SAP Basis Administrator Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Provide installation, configuration, integration, upgrade and testing services for new projects and on-going maintenance for SAP environments.
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve computing problems involving system hardware, third party software and operating system software.
- Provide performance tuning, problem analysis, upgrades and system administration for Oracle databases and SAP instances, NetWeaver 2004s and ECC 6.0, BI, PI, SRM, Portal, SAP Hana etc.
- Knowledge in performing client copies, system refreshes, and SAP troubleshooting.
- Experienced in SAP Correction and Transport System and SAP Security management.
- Knowledge of single sign-on (SSO) solutions to portal and backend R/3 and BI systems.
- Evaluation and design of interfaces between SAP R/3 and external systems.
- Review and implement the recommendations of SAP EarlyWatch sessions.
- Coordinating Offshore Development resources and activities.
- Development and support planning.
- Go-Live cutover activities.
- Post go-live stabilization and support activities.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provides guidance on technology and project approach in line with best practices and corporate strategies and standards.
- Interact with development teams, configuration teams, various technical support teams, and business stakeholders to optimize and maintain the overall SAP reliability, availability, and performance.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of IT experience.
- Deep understanding of SAP platform, its underlying database, operating system, and hardware platform.
Project and Delivery Management skills are preferred.
- Experience of large scale IT solutions, governance and release management matured in complex organizations.
- Excellent analysis, communication, documentation and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in achieving shared objectives within a matrix organization, participating in cross-divisional projects and building effective cross-functional teams and relationships.
- Able to work independently, should be a self-starter.
- SAP R/3 certification in latest SAP Releases is a plus.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Service Delivery/Management
Job Title:Spclst, Service Delivery/Management
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Healthcare Administration, SAP, ERP, Oracle, Database, Healthcare, Technology