- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
- Our organization has the charge to design, build, implement and sustain enterprise ERP and Supply Chain solutions based on the SAP technology platform.
- This Global Planning (APO) Manager position will be part of the GSC and report to the GSC Global Planning Lead who is based in Parsippany, NJ.
- This role will be the Subject Matter Expert in the Supply Chain Planning modules of SAP.
- The colleague will work closely with our business counterparts to support and maintain the global template for our company.
- This position has a primary purpose of long term support which will also include hands on resolution of break fix incidents, system enhancement requests, and support of projects.
This position will:
- Support "Business As Usual" (BAU) support of every day break/fix issues, enhancement identification and delivery for solution improvements, as well support for ongoing or future projects.
- Act as internal consultant for the Supply Chain Logistics - Global Planning teams. Work with peers in the BT organization and business representatives to determine business process and solution design leveraging the capabilities of the SAP modules.
- Support the identification of opportunities to standardize processes and system configuration globally and ensure compliance across all implementation to these standards
- Collaborate with representatives of other SAP functions to ensure end to end process integration and consistency
- Develop, prototype, test and implement solution improvements to increase stability, usability and functionality to enable end users to meet business objectives
- Translate and influence business and functional solution requirements with Supply Chain stakeholders Support the global deployment of Global Planning solutions within the company.
- Develop, prototype, test and implement SAP APO solution enhancements
- Review and analyze solution enhancement requests to determine complexity and provide resource/cost estimates
- Lead enhancements as required, as well as contribute as a team member to project teams
- Provide input to long-term IT strategy necessary to achieve organizational objectives
- Perform thorough analysis to identify all potential impacts for change requests
- Train and transfer knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
- Update and maintain all related functional documentation
- Conduct Unit tests, Integration tests, and Regression tests
- Proactively proposing solutions to improve the support of new and existing business processes
- Develop and manage project plans. Lead projects as required, as well as contribute as a team member to project teams
- Knowledge transfer to Application Maintenance Services (AMS) support at conclusion on enhancement delivery
- Understand client's business strategy, goals, operational processes and technology needs
- Ensure customer expectations have been met through delivery and ongoing execution of services
- Gather and analyze business requests to determine how best to create successful resolution for new requests and issues
- Help consumers understand service offerings available from internal IT service providers and secure appropriate resources for projects, engaging with the business, and facilitating service delivery
- Support client, prepare business case for BT investment
- Follow governance processes that facilitate business prioritization and align with BT
- Facilitate technology initiatives which directly impact clients portfolio
- Align BT services with current and future needs of the business and its customers while improving quality of services delivered
Ongoing Systems & Service Delivery and Process Improvement
- Provide information to IT and Business leadership regarding best practices, industry trends and business opportunities, as well as, feedback on the overall performance of processes and tools
- Understand key business controls and impacts of changes caused by functionality, technology changes and changing business needs
- Provide support for global and regional systems and services
- Work with Business counterparts to ensure audit, SOX and other compliance requirements
- Identify and initiate process improvements (continuous improvement)
- Monitor process compliance and performance metrics
- Deploy global IT processes, develop and maintain organizational quality indicators, and monitor client satisfaction
- Steward the development and implementation of process capabilities (process, tools and roles) & metrics
- Execute key operational process activities
Bachelor Degree in Technical, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business field required
- 8+ years of SAP APO experience with multiple full life cycle implementations
- Experience in BI solutions is preferred.
- Experience in international environments
- Proven ability to quickly learn existing Business Processes and combine knowledge from multiple disciplines (e.g. SAP capability, Standard industry best practice) in order to produce an optimal business solution
- Ability to work independently, effectively coordinating multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing environment and also in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Adept at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management and staff
- Experience in life sciences / pharmaceuticals industry preferred
- Demonstrated experience of various IT practices, including but not limited to, project management, operational service delivery, large project implementations
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational regional and global boundaries, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-divisional and cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience with configuration of SAP ECC 6.0, SCM 5.1 or 7.0 and BI modules in several or all of the following areas:
- Demand Planning (DP)
- S&OP Planning and Forecasting
- Statistical Forecasting
- Supply Network Planning (SNP)
- Aggregated Planning
- Collaborative demand and supply planning
- VMI Planning
- Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling (PPDS)
- Inventory Planning / Optimization
- Returns Planning
- SCM / BI Integration and Reporting
- Knowledge of key integration points between multiple systems such as ECC, BI, APO DP, APO SNP, Legacy, Reporting, etc.
- Knowledge of shared service type/centers of excellence operations preferred
- Business Process Analysis, Design & Improvement
- Experience leading change by implementing enterprise-wide planning and processing applications
- Identify, propose, and influence technology solutions to build and maintain the optimal data and infrastructure architecture to support the reporting requirements
- Project management and systems integration
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Customer focus
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Timely decision making and problem solving skills
Some travel may be required (<25%)
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services.
- We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.