SAP ABAP Development Lead Job - Czechia
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Based in Prague, the successful candidate will be part of the ERP global Operations and will be responsible to lead ABAP development related to assigned process stream(s) and collaborate on code design and evolution of development standards with ABAP lead in USA.
This will include management of ABAP team in Prague, setting up strategy, programming/development functions in the creation, enhancement, and maintenance of MSD's SAP solutions as defined by the COMET program and other SAP programs in MSD landscape.
These SAP systems encompass mission critical business processing across the Financial Business Management, Order to Cash, Supply Chain Management, and Source to Settle (procurement) areas.
These systems will manage these processes across all MSD Business Units (Divisions) and Worldwide Geographies.
Key functional capabilities include but not limited to:
• Extensive hands-on analysis, design, and development activities
• Key coordinator with Business Process work streams for development work
• Provide effort estimates and design guidance and develop for identified development work
• Participate in the coordination to develop and execute unit, string and integration testing
• System metrics and KPIs
• Provide guidance on how to leverage SAP based specific technologies to create the most effective solutions in the assigned areas.
• Formulate and define best practice programming standards that meet regulatory compliance requirements for Implementation, Support and Upgrade Projects.
• Provide consulting on solutions including how to leverage standard SAP functionality and how to enable requirements while minimizing on-going maintenance costs in the assigned areas.
• Extremely strong development experience using the following technical tools/objects: ABAP Objects, Switch Framework, ALE/IDOC, Proxy, Workflows, Web services, Web Dynpros, Smart forms, Adobe Interactive forms, User Exits, Enhancements, Business Add-ins, Enhancement Spot.
• Managing on-site team
• Coordinating Offshore Development resources and activities
• Development and support planning
• Go-Live cutover activities
• Post go-live stabilization and support activities
• Troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Provides guidance on technology and project approach in line with best practices and corporate strategies and standards.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:SAP ABAP Development Lead
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: SAP, ABAP, ERP, Law, Consulting, Technology, Legal