Sample Technician - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a Swiss drug discovery and development company, focused on the creation of antibody-based drugs for the targeted treatment of inflammatory diseases, immune-related disorders, and cancer.
- The pipeline is a balance of preclinical and clinical compounds, specific for clinically validated and novel targets.
- Four of these compounds are currently in early clinical development with the anti-IFNg monoclonal antibody program, most advanced, at Phase 2/3, for the orphan drug indication Hemaphagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH).
- We currently have an opportunity for a Sample/Research Technician in the Exploratory Science and Translational Medicine (ESTM) department, working within an innovative, fast-paced, biotech environment.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Sample accession core tasks, including inventory, labeling, receipt, storage, pulls/returns and archiving.
- Testing of clinical samples following regulatory guidelines (GCP/GCLP).
- Use of sample tracking systems to maintain sample and study integrity.
- Communicates confirmation of sample receipt to appropriate personnel.
- Documents and communicates discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Monitoring of reagents including inventory, ordering, receipt, storage and disposal.
- Participates in the maintenance of equipment and equipment records used within the team.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers.
- Introduces, develops, and supports process improvement initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and competencies:
- Good organization, rigor, tracking and communication skills.
- Experience in performing ELISA assays and data analysis.
- Understanding of regulations for working in a regulatory (GLP/GCP) environment.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office tools.
- Experience in the use of Sample Tracking and Inventory software.
- Competent in intermediate written and spoken English an advantage.
- Position may require some flexibility in working hours as required by business needs.
- Swiss resident or EU national.