Sample Processing Technician (Temporary) - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks involved in sample processing and inventory management of critical components, critical laboratory supplies, specialty reagents, client-supplied raw materials, and internal and external cell banks. Performs a variety of activities related to log in, sample processing, storage, shipping of stored materials and client support
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform daily tasks including sample receipt, log in, release and distribution.
- Provide coverage for other Sample Processing personnel by receiving and distributing internal samples and seed banks, receiving and quarantining material and shipping of client stored materials,
- Work with manufacturing and the labs to establish CC re-order and inventory levels.
- Assure that critical components are ordered sufficiently far in advance to allow for normal QC testing and QA release prior to their need.
- Track and analyze inventory turnover to maximize efficiency of ordering.
- Identify and manage the inventory for specialty reagents.
- Manage inventory of client-supplied raw materials, client cell banks and internal cell banks.
- Assure that banks are re-made sufficiently far in advance for testing and release prior to need.
- Work with labs to identify methods for managing inventory in lab-based refrigerators and freezers.
- Ensure that lab-related materials are discarded as indicated. Track and manage (i.e., place orders, rotate stock etc.) warehouse inventory items.
- As needed, provide coverage for Shipping and Receiving on the loading dock and Autoclave Operations.
- Create, update, and monitor client storage files and internal seed bank files,
- Conduct periodic (quarterly or semi-annual) cycle counts of inventory
- Establish procedures for assuring the orderly management and control of inventory items such as critical components, and client materials.
- Perform data entry into SamplePro as well and the inventory control system.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Federal and State regulations.
- Maintain proper documentation including training records and main accumulation area logs.
- Contact vendors to resolve any incorrect or damaged items that are received or return the shipment.
- Arrange inventory in a neat and orderly fashion, which is conducive to proper safeguarding and record keeping. Keep receiving area clear at all times.
- Develop and maintain an inventory requisition form to be used by the lab to requisition materials and supplies out of inventory. Keep designated locations in the lab supplied with masks and gloves.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in scientific discipline preferred
- Experience: 1 to 3 years related experience in a laboratory
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Able to work independently under minimal supervision. Knowledge of GMPs/GLPs required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet