Sample Processing and Materials Technician - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Sample Processing and Materials Technician for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern.
In this role, the individual is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks involved with sample processing including receipt, inspection, and log in to LIMS of a variety of sample types to be tested. This individual is responsible for inventory management of: components, laboratory supplies, specialty reagents, client supplied raw materials, and internal and external cell banks. This position includes performing a variety of activities related to log in, processing, shipping, and storing of all client supplied test articles.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Sample Processing and Materials Technician position.
- Experience with LIMS system and/or inventory software systems
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of cGMPs/GLPs
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must regularly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S) or equivalent in scientific discipline is preferred
- Experience: 1-3 years related experience in a laboratory
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: N/A
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet