- Our company is one of the major Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe with a park of second generation DNA sequencers supported by an extensive informatics infrastructure.
- Our company is actively involved in collaborative research projects on a number of specific topics:
- Disease Gene Identification, Cancer Genomics, Genomics of Infectious Diseases, Model Organism Genomics and Synthetic Biology Genomics of Model Organisms.
- In addition, we participate in several consortia of networked projects such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium, the International Human Epigenome Consortium and the International Rare Diseases Research Consortium and EU-funded projects such as AIRPROM, BLUEPRINT, RD-Connect and IBD-Character.
- The successful candidate will work closely with the Sample Prep Manager within the Sample Preparation team.
- preparation of samples for sequencing
- implementing new protocols
- keeping rigorous audit trails of the work carried out, writing and updating documentation such as Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- recognizing and reporting erroneous protocol outcomes
- stock and orders management
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or similar
- At least 3 years of work experience in molecular biological procedures, in particular PCR, restriction and cloning reactions, DNA fragmentation and DNA purification procedures
- Excellent laboratory techniques and able to work very reliably, pay attention to detail and work as part of a team
- Capable of working with computers and common software packages
- Proven experience in working with laboratory devices
- Able to understand and speak English
Experience with the current generation of DNA sequencing technology