Sample Management Technician I - United States
- Compile required documentation and package biological samples for shipping.
- Responsible for managing the inventory of biological samples, study data and equipment within the Sample Management group.
- Package biological samples and ensure accurate completion of all required documentation for the shipment (i.e.: verify shipping lists against samples).
- Prepare shipping documentation and assist in preparation of CITES permits as needed. Fax shipping documentation to sponsors as needed.
- Prepare domestic and international packages according to applicable guidelines.
- Deliver packages to a carrier/shipper as needed.
- Notify Study Directors, Study Supervisors, and sponsors of FedEx tracking numbers and verify that packages have arrived at their destinations.
- Handle all details required for shipment of samples (receiving, storage, inventory and verification) using Study protocol or Sponsor guidance documents.
- Log samples in and out of storage via LIMS system or other determined process (i.e.: manual data collection).
- Manage check in/out process of samples required for analysis and return samples to the appropriate storage condition when analysis is complete.
- May prepare sample inventories and sample verification for maintained, archived, and sample requests/receipts.
- Perform data-entry to maintain the database for biological samples inventory.
- Maintain freezer/refrigerator recording charts and all associated documentation.
- File study data and generate box labels.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: 1 year related experience in a life science laboratory.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be detail oriented and have general familiarity with lab procedures. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel software. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet timelines.
Equal Employment Opportunity