main purpose of job
achieve & exceed sales & profitability targets. develop and maintain territory sales pipeline
main responsibilities and duties :
- develop territory business plan and sales Strategy.
- product & expertise :
- investigate new opportunities for sales, for example; within nhs, private Healthcare, specialist Analysis and animal Healthcare business sectors.
- arrange appointments with key customer contacts via telephone & email.
- keep & maintain customer & visit records.
- organise appropriate / timely product Presentations & demonstrations (when appropriate & qualified/justified) with product specialists as required.
- attend & participate in company sales & marketing meetings.
- report on activities to line manager.
- administration :
- liaise with the technical team regarding sales support.
- report and update tender information and activities to the field Sales Manager.
- follow and maintain huk s medical objectives and kpis.
- pursue Personal Development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance of the role.
- attend Training courses as required.
- adhere to huk s policies and procedures.
- adhere to relevant Health & safety procedures.
the above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by changing demands within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the
skills and experience :
- proven sales experience.
- Pathology experience (haematology/Biochemistry or similar) Strategic Planning
- good communicator.
- Software packages : word, Excel, lotus notes, Internet, PowerPoint, & database.
- relevant scientific degree (or equivalent)
- experience of Pathology managed service contracts desirable
personal qualities :
- able to work as part of a team
- capable of working on own initiative.
- attention to detail.
- effective written and verbal Communication
- helpful, flexible & adaptable
- smart appearance
- current driving licence
based at :
37.5 hours per week (however, work and travel outside these hours will normally be necessary for effective performance)
responsible to :
field Sales Manager
Find a Job Find Candidates