Sales Specialist - Avitum - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Sell the complete line of products including all equipment and disposables by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Work closely with Manager and the Sales and Marketing Director in creating and executing sales goals.
- Maintain and increase the business base to achieve 100% of sales plan.
- Call on Physicians, Dialysis Administrators, Nurses, Technicians, Materials Managers and any other individuals who may be an essential part of the sales decision making process.
- Prospect and qualify territory for new leads through sales calls in person and over the telephone.
- Maintain relationships with internal B.Braun departments, i.e., Sales and Marketing, Technical Services, Customer Service, and any other areas.
- Participate in professional conferences on a national and local level.
- Develop competitive, creative proposals to offer to customers.
- Conduct product trials and coordinate in-services for clinical staff.
- Communicate comprehensive territory reports to management as directed.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive activity with regard to pricing and sales techniques employed
- Maintain an expense profile consistent with company guidelines.
- Maintain company property (car, computer, cellular phone) in a judicious manner
- Maintain accurate customer records in Lotus Notes.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Basic computer aptitude with emphasis on Windows applications.
- Strong knowledge of Renal Therapies Division dialysis products and services.
- Strong knowledge of Renal Therapies Division’s competitors and their products.
- Advanced technical knowledge of equipment and of therapy applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Professional image and possess advanced industry knowledge.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 1 - 2 years experience in sales in the dialysis field.
- Business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile registration and insurance.
- Previous medical sales experience preferably selling dialysis products or other devices.
- Related training in selling and negotiating.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.