Sales Specialist Analytical Chemistry & Mass Spectometry (m/f) - Germany
Join Tecan! Join the market leader! Work in an international and dynamic environment, share our success!Tecan is a leading global provider of automated laboratory instruments and solutions. Our systems and components help people working in clinical diagnostics, basic and translational research and drug discovery bring their science to life.
You will have the unique opportunity to make an active contribution to the successful further development of Tecan. As part of our Life Science Business division we are seeking a motivated professional for the position of
Sales Specialist Analytical Chemistry & Mass Spectometry (m/f)
Main Territory: Germany, ability to support Switzerland and Austria
The Sales Specialist is responsible for selling the Tecan Spe-Ware product line within the defined territory. His/her primary roles are to ensure that their sales objectives are met or exceeded within acceptable profit goals. He/she will also work directly with existing & new customers to identify their needs, understand their application methodology and apply this knowledge to offer a Tecan solution.
Your main tasks:
- Analysis of market segments for the identification and expert advice of target customers
- Responsible for providing regular forecast information for territory.
- Maintain the customer base and, in the foreground, the prioritized acquisition of new customers
- Close co-operation with the local sales representatives of the Tecan teams
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of the sale, from pre-sale, including quotes, contracts, demonstration, through the installation and post sale support process.
- Budgeting for existing and potential customers, preparation of forecasts, maintenance of CRM, creation of reports
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Develops and maintains a high level of consultative sales skills, product and application methodology knowledge with associated features and benefits required to convert customer needs to sales.
- Obtains sufficient knowledge of accounts in order to develop and maintain account strategies to convert specific company needs to Tecan solutions.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations (within the guidelines of regulatory) by understanding the customers' explicit and implied needs.
- Works as a liaison for reporting customer complaints to Tecan Technical Services and making recommendations to management.
- Complies with regulatory requirements for appropriate Market & Business Units.
- Responds to problems or complaints that arise in accounts, either by personal action or by securing the assistance and support from others in the organization.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales opportunities.
- Analyze relevant market requirements with regard to product innovations and pricing - including success-oriented reagent leasing models - and report them to the supervisor
- Support the definition and implementation of the necessary territorial marketing measures for this product group - mailings, workshops, user groups etc. in collaboration with the sales development team.
- Prioritize the creation of reference customers in the first three months after product launch with the support of product management and the sales development team.
- Ability to travel (often on short notice).
- Handles essential tasks as assigned, and responds to change productively.
For this position we are looking for well-organized and business oriented person with a scientific degree and practical experience in LC/MS sample prep solutions in clinical chemistry. Alternatively the candidate provides a technical education with proven experience in LC/MS sample prep solutions sales and applications.
You have at least 3 years of working experience in an internationally operating industrial enterprise or in a major clinical laboratory. Excellent oral and written skills in German and English is required, the knowledge of additional languages are an asset. You are a flexible individual with the ability to think quickly and execute on time.
Furthermore a highly analytical mind-set, effective communication skills and a strong sense of cross functional agility are important ingredients for the success in this role.
Possessing a valid driver's license is also required.
If you are able to work well under pressure and to manage workload with high degree of independence then we offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and international organization.
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English online.
Candidates with a high level of commitment and initiative are encouraged to apply. To apply, please submit your resume to: Tecan Deutschland GmbH, Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 23, 74564 Crailsheim, Tel: 0049 7951 9417 638, Fax: 0049 7951 9417 538, Mail: Michaela.Frueck-Pfanz@Tecan.com