Sales Representative - Ruminants (Boise/Twin Fall, ID) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Territory Manager is a key member of the field sales team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. This position is responsible for working in their respective territory to understand and identify customer needs, by selling Merck Animal Health products, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that Merck Animal Health is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus the Science of Healthier Animals. In addition, the Territory Manager demonstrates an understanding of the resources available across Merck Animal Health and our Distribution Partners.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers, meets with key personnel/decision makers to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers, customer needs and identifies business opportunities.
- Develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/relationship, solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities and account sales growth of Merck Animal Health products and services.
- Develop territory and specific account plans for all assigned customers. Partners with National Account Managers, Corporate Account Team, and Distribution Field Partners to maintain strong focus on accounts to drive sales growth.
- Work collaboratively across all species teams to foster a one Merck approach to enhance knowledge of the entire MAH product portfolio.
- Shares with other team members within the region to foster growth and development within the team.
- Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Identifies and selects programs/services available within Merck Animal Health’s available resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
- Works with leadership and Field Technical Services to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs.
- Expand current understanding of Merck Animal Health products, industry trends and competitor landscape, business model, key influencers/ network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders and to influence sales trends.
- Articulates and communicates relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
- Responsible for developing and meeting learning and development objectives agreed upon with leadership.
- Acts as a mentor for new hires.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant Ruminant industry work experience
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Motivated and focused on achieving measurable, tangible results, demonstrating proficient ability to utilize data resources including analytic problem-solving tools to resolve customer issues.
- Utilizes the strengths and diversity of other team members to improve own performance and consistently shares important and relevant information with the team.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes and champion innovative technologies to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently understand customers’ evolving needs and expectations and combines with knowledge of customers’ organization and culture to drive long term sustainable results and identify strategic opportunities.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of effective selling techniques and approaches to create a compelling rationale for the value and use of MAH products using approved resources.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage a diverse mix of accounts independently within a territory, and to develop plans and goals for the customer based on the priority level of the account and customer needs.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekend activity
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Industry sales experience
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products.
- Understanding or past experience working with distribution.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic MAH
Job Title:Sr. Customer Rep., Sales MAH
Primary Location: NA-US-ID-Boise
Other Locations: NA-US-Idaho
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Rep, Field Sales, Sales, Science