Sales Representative - Companion Animal (Harrisburg, PA) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Merck’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The Territory Representative is a key member of the field tactical team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working in their respective territory to understand and identify veterinary clinic, and corporate account customer needs, by selling Merck Animal Health products, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that Merck Animal Health is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus the Science of Healthier Animals. In addition, the Territory Representative demonstrates a solid understanding of the resources available across Merck Animal Health and our Distribution Partners.
- Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers, meet with key personnel/decision makers to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers (Owner/Practice Manager/Key Tech/Associate Vet), customer needs and identifies business opportunities.
- Develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/relationship, solutions, partner involvement and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities and account sales growth of Merck Animal Health Companion Animal products and services.
- Develop territory and specific account plans for all key customers. Partners with National Account Managers, Corporate Account Team, and Distribution Field Partners to maintain strong focus on key accounts and corporate owned clinics to drive occupancy and sales growth.
- Shares learning and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs.
- Shares with other team members within the region to foster growth and development within the team.
- Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Identifies and selects programs/services available within Merck Animal Health’s available resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
- Works with Manager, Zone Director, Marketing, Commercial Operations or Field Technical Services to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs
- Maintain current understanding of Merck Animal Health products, industry trends, competitor landscape, business model, key influencers/ network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders and to influence sales trends. Able to articulate and communicate relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA/BS degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrated ability to independently understand customers’ evolving needs and expectations and combines with knowledge of customers’ organization and culture to drive results.
- Effective application of selling techniques and approaches, simultaneously managing multiple customers/accounts at different stages of the sales process, articulating the value of MAH products using approved evidence-based scientific and economic data.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage a diverse mix of accounts independently within a territory, including some complex accounts/opportunities, and to develop plans based on unique opportunities and customer needs.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Ability to travel overnight and some weekend activity
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Sales experience and/or experience within the Animal Health industry
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products.
- Understanding and past experience working with distribution partners.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic MAH
Job Title:Customer Rep., Sales MAH
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Harrisburg
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-State College, NA-US-PA-Lancaster
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Nearest Secondary Market: Harrisburg
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Rep, Veterinarian, Sales, Science, Veterinary