- Our company is a global leader in the food industry addressing the world’s challenges in food by offering a wide range of sustainable, bio-based ingredients and advanced microbial diagnostic solutions to provide safer, healthier and more nutritious food.
- The range of food ingredients and solutions provided through the global network of food scientists and technologist in our company help provide enhanced bio-protection, an improved nutritional profile, and better taste and texture with greater cost efficiency and lower environmental impact, meeting the needs of manufacturers of food, beverages and dietary supplements.
- The generation and maintenance of sales in dairy UK ensuring the organisations rapid and accurate response to customer needs and inquiries.
- Provision of technical information on the company's products and assistance in the evaluation of applications.
- To liaise with customers, and assist in the best use of the company's products.
- Achievement of budget and targets in terms of product volume and revenue
- Consolidation and expansion of sales into dairy and cheese manufacturers by implementing local sales activities in line with sales strategy and business requirements.
- Monitoring of competitive activity with identification of potential areas for business extension
- Accurate and timely reporting of activity and changes in marketplace in line with regional reporting requirements.
- Management of customer accounts by visit and telephone contact as indicated by revenue and margin potential
- Planning of journey routes and call rates to maximize effectiveness and minimize travel time and costs.
- Co-ordination of activities and allocation of time and activities to be compatible with business and sales function objectives.
- Network creation within UK dairy industry
- Market share growth with existing product range within dairy as a consolidating industry.
- Manage sales development programs through direct interface with customers.
- Constant improvement of technical knowledge and market status within dairy
- Assume leading role in field level development of product applications (cheese, dairy, IFT) and support in allocated markets.
- Identification of new product development requirements and effective communication of same.
- Propose and manage new business development programs through direct interface with customers, sales function leadership and European Business Team.
- Identifying and reporting market needs for new products and technical service input in allocated markets including Fast Track projects based on existing technologies.
- Educated to degree or similar level in food science/technology.
- Good understanding of microbiology and cheese.
- Strong technical knowledge (processing, R&D or production background).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility, ability to self-motivate and work without supervision.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in the industry (preferably in a commercial role or good recognition of opportunities).
- Good organizational ability.
- Walking the extra mile for the customer.
What we offer:
- We are dedicated to maximizing our most valuable asset—our people.
- We do so by embracing diversity and offering opportunities for continuous development, whilst maintaining a good work/life balance.
- Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, variable performance pay and a comprehensive benefits offering.
- A career at our company offers you an opportunity to become the catalyst for change, personally and professionally.
- This, together with a respectful workplace that rewards achievement, makes company one of the best career choices today.