Sales Manager- Cellular Imaging and Analysis - United States
2. Chicago IL US
3. Houston TX US
We are looking for a sales leader with drive, passion, and a competitive spirit to help maximize PerkinElmer’s commercial success. The Sales Manager is responsible for building and maintaining strong customer/channel relationships directed toward growing PerkinElmer’s market share, revenue and profitability consistent with strategic business goals. This will be accomplished through the implementation and effective execution of coverage designs and plans, business and channel development, and effectively selecting, developing and deploying sales talent and performance in concert with the service and field application teams.
What We Provide
PerkinElmer provides our customers with critical knowledge, expertise and innovative detection, software, and services solutions so that they can make better decisions for better outcomes. At PerkinElmer, we make a difference everyday – helping scientists, clinicians and governments detect earlier and more accurately to improve the health and safety of people and the environment. Our solutions range from enabling the discovery of more effective diagnostics and therapies, to making sure that the food we eat, the water we drink, and our environment are safe from contaminants.
The PerkinElmer Cellular Imaging and Analysis team is one of the fastest growing teams within our organization and is comprised of field sales and applications scientists. We provide cutting edge solutions for automated microscopy and data analytics. Our instrumentation is represented globally by over 3,000 peer reviewed publications. Our powerful high content screening systems produce the highest possible image quality that take research further, in less time than ever before, especially when combined our robotic systems and advanced data analytics helping our customers answer the most complex biological questions.
- Business Development. Manage and drive profitable business growth for your sales region. Develop an annual regional business plan that supports the overall Instrument and Americas Field Organization business goals. Develop market strategy involving multi-channel and key accounts. Work with service partners to integrate product and service initiatives to meet customer needs.
- People Leadership. Establishes clear directions with team, distributes workload appropriately; monitors process, progress, and results appropriately. Models and communicates and coaches others on PerkinElmer values, behaviors, and work practices; is someone that people like working with that leads to productive sales team. Is an exceptional judge of talent and has a solid track record in identifying, selecting and developing people; hires the best people available from inside and outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles a talented and diverse team.
- Team Sales Revenue: Grow and develop the business in accordance with strategic business goals by achieving team sales goals within the assigned territory. Understanding customer needs and relating them to the appropriate PerkinElmer product lines to present a comprehensive solution: High Content Screening, Automation, Informatics and microplates/reagents. Maintaining a funnel of opportunities 2-3X existing annual operating plan target.
- Team Sales Forecast: Managing team forecast using Salesforce.com and ensuring your team is hitting the forecast while understanding capital equipment sales cycles.
- Willingness for up to 50% overnight travel.
- Bachelor degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with five years of experience in field sales and at least three years of Sales Management experience.Experience in microscopy or high content cellular imaging is preferred.