This job is currently Archived,
Sales Engineer, Liquid Handling - United States
Posted on : 30 June 2017
- Our company is a leading player in the fast growing global life sciences equipment and supply industry.
- We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
- We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company and to be an active member to participate in our business.
- For the sales unit we are looking for a: Sales Engineer – Liquid Handling Location: Upper Midwest The Sales Engineer is responsible for selling the company Liquid Handling product line within the defined territory.
- His/her primary roles are to ensure that their sales objectives are met or exceeded within acceptable profit goals.
- He/she will also work directly with existing & new customers to identify their needs, understand their application methodology and apply this knowledge to offer a company solution.
Your main tasks:
Responsible for providing regular forecast information for territory.
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of the sale, from pre-sale, including quotes, contracts, demonstration, through the installation and post sale support process.
- Serves as a responsible representative of company US, Inc. and operates with integrity and honesty in all business contacts.
- Achieves sales plan for assigned territory.
- Develops and maintains a high level of consultative sales skills, product and application methodology knowledge with associated features and benefits required to convert customer needs to sales.
- Obtains sufficient knowledge of accounts in order to develop and maintain account strategies to convert specific company needs to company solutions.
- Develops and maintains effective time, territory, and account management practices.
- Participates in or supports local, regional and national shows as requested.
- Conducts demonstrations and coordinates installations and customer training.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations (within the guidelines of regulatory) by understanding the customers' explicit and implied needs.
- Complies with regulatory requirements for appropriate Market & Business Units.
- Maintains accurate and timely data in the CRM.
- Responds to problems or complaints that arise in accounts, either by personal action or by securing the assistance and support from others in the organization.
- Works as a liaison for reporting customer complaints to company Technical Services and making recommendations to management.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales opportunities.
- Maintains all company supplied equipment and material in a safe, useable and serviceable condition.
- Completes all reports and customer information effectively and consistently as deemed necessary by the company.
- Gives feedback to management regarding new potential applications or competition in the marketplace.
- Ability to travel (often on short notice).
- Handles essential tasks as assigned, and responds to change productively.
- Follows all local safety procedures, State and Federal OSHA Regulations, and reports any safety concerns.