Sales Development Manager - Industrial & Environment EMEA - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- The main job responsibility for this position is to develop new opportunities at both current and New customers in the markets covered by the I&E Business Development Team.
- This would include Oil & Gas, Chemical Processing, Industrial Components and Environment, but will have a specific focus on the O&G area.
- This position will require finding and developing these new opportunities at targeted accounts, establishing and maintaining relationships with key accounts and acquiring and sharing market, competitor and customer information with the rest of the
- team. This position also require the scouting of new prospects and new applications within the area and the markets of responsibilities.
- Identify, validate, develop and close qualified leads in the I&E markets, preferably in the O&G market;
- establish and maintain relationships with key accounts;
- acquiring and sharing marketing informations such as competition, customer information; new innovations, product forecasts, service needs and key trends;
- Follow internal CRM processes (Dev Pool, reporting, Account Development Plan, price quotation and deviation,, etc);
- Communicate value proposition and other important information to customers;
- Prepare meeting reports and action plans for all his/her development projects;
- Monitor and coordinate the development pool in Salesforce with the Regional Sales Teams;
- Support the Key Account Managers (KAM) in their development and mapping activities;
- Recommend and assist in negotiating and implementing pricing strategy;
- Participate at conferences, trade associations and trade shows, when requested;
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Working with multiple BUs and product lines across the GBU;
- Focus efforts on new sales generation within the time frame requested;
- Execute and lead the Project, by identifying key actions and milestones and coordinating; the different resources needed from different departments;
- Coordinating activities with the Regional Sales team on a regional and global basis;
- Providing market and competitive information to the Market Managers.
- A BA or BS degree in a related technical field (engineering, chemistry, material science, etc.); a business degree and/or MBA would be a plus;
- 5 to 7 years’ sales experience in a specialty chemical company, with O&G experience being preferred; experience in B2B for technical products;
- technical understanding of polymers and applications (ex: plastic processing, coating processing);
- fluent in English, additional knowledge of another European language will be a plus;
- Strong communication and networking skills;
- Ability to work in a global matrix.
- Our copay is a major global player in chemicals with 90% of sales in business among the top 3 global leaders.
- An attractive salary package within a global, highly motivate work environment.