Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
The Sales Development Manager is responsible for developing new business within assigned market area. This includes gathering business information, developing commercial tactical plans, and executing these plans in order to generate benefit and added value for the company. The person in this position is responsible for finding, developing, and closing qualified leads in the Electrical & Electronics industry, especially in Semicon. The incumbent will also identify new business opportunities, manage new business relationships, and develop submarkets for new product/market combinations. This position will be based remotely out of the San Francisco Bay area.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with current and potential customers (OEMs and Tiers) through proactive communication and regular visits to discuss commercial opportunities. Manage targeted marketing projects as assigned.
• Identify, investigate, and follow up on qualified leads and develop business for potential customers in key market segments specifically in Semiconductors (Heat Transfer, Vacuum Pump Lube, Testing, High Temp Seal, CMP related items, etc)
• Plan and execute regular visits with current and potential customers effectively while identifying and communicating customer needs and demands to management
• Act as a key contact point for customers and educate them on products, applications, and trends
• Understand and apply the marketing strategy and promote the value proposition for each product line.
• Maintain and continuously improve knowledge about products, applications, and markets in global E&E industry
• Analyze and evaluate available information to clearly synthesize and report on market trends and evolutions, including proposals for actions
• Develop, negotiate, and monitor contracts and pricing for new business opportunities
• Evaluate and propose innovative solutions for customer problems and coordinate with internal resources when needed to meet customer requests/demands to ensure issues are resolved
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other internal departments
• Collaborate with other team members including R&D, sales, technical support, supply chain, customer service, etc..
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years of related commercial/technical experience in the Semiconductor industry
• Frequent local travel (approx. 70-80%) and additional travel outside of California region (approx. 20%) is required.
• Bachelor's degree in a scientific or engineering field preferred
• MBA is a plus
• Fluoropolymer & Aromatics Polymer experience strongly preferred
• Knowledge in smart device and display industries is a plus
• Ability to educate customers/colleagues both on the technical and commercial side, and communicate/present well in a succinct and compelling way
• Strong desire both to learn and to share knowledge