BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sales Consultant will be responsible for implementing and enabling the penetration and representation of the products assigned to the incumbent in Brazil.
Responsible from mapping new centers and patients, following up on the process that will enable the accurate finding of the right patient for the product, actively work on the process of prescription and sales, implementing actions of MKT, and implementing actions to keep adherence to treatment through the implemented processes available (i.e. patient programs).
Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: commercial operations, promotional activities, marketing operations and relationship management.
- Make disease awareness and brand promotion as guided by the promotional and sales plan.
- Drive access to the products in focus for patients in the assigned territory
- Visitation of key physicians on their mapped centers in the assigned territory and keep up with site infra structure (full report in SF.com).
- Follow up on the process to designate the best patient for that product (being it a response test or other as oriented.
- Support to patient adherence and start mapping and segment other centers, whenever necessary
- Identify access opportunities and partner with patient organizations, establishing good relationship and follow up
- Monitor and follow up on Patient adherence through patients’ program and patient associations
- Active work to create protocols and participate on product trainings and congresses
- Deal with administrative tasks supporting case management of patients (full report on SF.com), concur, activities planning
- Keep all information and files available and updated at Sales Force.com
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers/stakeholders including, but not limited to Geneticists, Pediatricians, Patient Advocacy Groups, KOLs, pharmacists, nursing staff, administrators from local Health Secretaries, business partners
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company policies assigned to this job function
- Achieve area sales, penetration and patient objectives, on a quarterly & annual basis
- Report any pharmacovigilance issues within the timelines specified in the relevant SOPs to the Country Manager/Area Director and BioMarin Drug Safety
- A minimum 2 year of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare. In-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others in addressing complex issues
- Strong persuasive skills and sound business judgment
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to appropriately prioritize issues, allocate resources, and be capable of working alone and making sound decisions
- Minimum understanding of Health Care Systems
- Sales-oriented and customer-oriented thinking
- Computer competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Sales Force.com (preferred)
- Demonstrate willingness to grow and develop with the company
- BS/BA degree in business or life sciences, pharmaceutical sales representative education
- Knowledge of industry and local market conditions
- Advanced to Fluent in English (preferred)
Laptop, iPad and cell phone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.