Sales Consultant (For PreAnalytical Systems) - Medical Consumables - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- This position is responsible to the Regional Business Manager for sales, service and promotion of all existing and new BD Pre Analytical Systems products for hospitals, commercial laboratories and alternate site locations within an assigned region.
- This position will be responsible for the attainment of sales goals in line with the PAS Sales initiatives and to aggressively maintain market share on the core product lines and to maintain a market position on safety products.
- Conduct routine sales calls in a specific geographic area to introduce new products and sales information to our customers.
- Actively seek to convert accounts to BD Pre Analytical products where competitive products are being used.
- Work effectively with BD Distribution partners as well as other BD colleagues to provide a team approach to ensure customer satisfaction. Special attention on local distributors and national branch locations within their territory.
- Responsible for the development of new business markets where opportunities exist.
- Service hospitals, reference labs and alternative locations within a given region.
- Responsible for attaining an assigned territorial sales quota
- Achieve market share goals for particular product lines.
- Maintain a high level of technical and market expertise.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with customers, team members, and other BD colleagues.
- Maintain existing business and market share
- Educate the market on proper utilization and acceptance of BD PAS product portfolio.
- Ensure compliance to regional expense budget.
- Ensure customer service activities including, in servicing, follow up on technical questions, and ensuring a smooth supply chain and delivery of product.
- Keep abreast of changing market activities and product enhancements.
- Utilize sales tools to interpret market trends.
- Maintain balance in selling efforts by giving adequate coverage to all products groups.
- Insure our distributor partners are kept informed about PAS products, prices, promotions and policies.
- BS or BA required; ducation in Life Sciences preferred.
- 5 - 8 years’ experience and demonstrated consistent sales success within Medical Device industry
- Ability to write and maintain account integrated business plans (IBPs) to ensure attainment of their territory plan.
- Focused on meeting all business expectations as outlined in the US Go to Market Strategy, and their Regional Business Manager.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers and opinion leaders within their territory.
- Ability to work collaboratively to meet the needs of the customer.
- Routinely maintain all territory account data housed in the business Territory Management System (TMS).
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize resources effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Selling expertise with significant knowledge of hospital/labatory products.
- Exemplifies the BD Values.
- Strong financial and analytical skills and applications to selling tools.
- Collaborative approach to customer sales.
- Proactively identify and respond to changes in business environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Effective presentation skills.