Sales and Business Development Associate - Canada
Ranomics is looking for a self-driven and motivated Sales and Business Development associate with experience in B2B sales and business development. The candidate should also have a scientific background and working knowledge of protein engineering, synthetic biology, and DNA synthesis processes. The Sales and Business Development associate will be joining our growing team in Toronto's Discovery District. This candidate will play a key role in the management and execution of the business development and sales of Ranomics' mutagenesis service
- Client management. This role will involve significant client contact with both business and technical clients in synthetic biology and pharmaceutical industries. The candidate must have experience managing a wide array of clients or customers. This candidate will focus on creating impact for both our clients and for Ranomics, which will entail skillsets including problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Sales. This candidate must maintain a deep understanding of Ranomics' mutagenesis technology and service offerings. He/she must also have experience with lead generation and CRM softwares (e.g. Ecquire, E-Mail Hunter, Pipedrive).
- Self-directed initiative taking. The candidate will often have to find creative ways to access potential and current client personnel. The candidate must demonstrate effectiveness in connecting with potential clients through the use of cold calling.
- Communication. The candidate must effectively communicate with internal and external technical teams. He/she must be able to create and deliver compelling marketing materials to business leaders as well as deliver complete and thorough supporting documents to technical clients and colleagues. In addition, the candidate must excel in verbal communication that is clear, fact based and action oriented.
- Proven track record of success in developing market-leading plans to achieve revenue targets
- BSc, M.S or PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or cell biology
- MBA, MSc in Management, or similar recognized degree from an accredited institution
- 2+ years in sales and/or business development experience in a biotech firm.
- LinkedIn expert - a comprehensive understanding of the Sales Navigator platform
- Previous experience with Pipedrive, Ecquire, and other CRM and lead generation softwares
- Proven leadership abilities and strategic mindset. Self-starter.
- Negotiating skills - experience negotiating at senior levels with multiple key decision-makers simultaneously
- Mastery of developing strong partnerships within all levels of organizations, both internally and externally
- Drive for Results - a demonstrated track record of driving results within a complex matrix environment.
- Influencer - ability to drive objectives through key internal and external relationships.
- Must have exceptional communication and presentation skills and be comfortable in delivering messages to all levels of an organization both in person and over digital channels
- Competitive Salary, bonus program
- Participation in the ESOP(Employee Stock Option Plan)
- Lots of other great perks such as frequent company paid outings, events, and get-togethers
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.