This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 30 March 2017
- Our company manufactures materials for aerospace and industrial applications throughout North America, Europe and Asia and is expanding facilities in many locations.
- Our global employee base supports the continued growth of composite material adoption with technical professionals located near our customer operations to respond quickly and efficiently.
- The Sales Account Manager will be responsible to maintain existing business, identify and capture sales opportunities at new or existing accounts within the US Western Region and/or market segment (Industrial Business Line Americas).
- This position reports directly to the Director of Sales Americas and Asia.
- This is a remote based position covering the West Coast from southern CA to WA along with CO and UT.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the entire sales process (opportunity analysis, competitive/market pricing, cost/margin analysis, proposal preparation, negotiation strategy, leading negotiation team, and obtaining proper approvals). Ensuring that the business is won at the highest possible margins and revenues. Includes the support of Business, marketing and new programs within the region.
- Maintaining and growing sales volume at existing customers. Maximizing marginal income and sales revenues.
- Formulating, Developing and implementing an approved sales strategy at all key accounts.
- Maintaining an updated formal strategy file and regional project status summary.
- Provide Project management for product and process qualification programs to support growth. Initiating the internal qualification process, and leading Industrial Business Line activities at the customer. Initiating and managing technical support activities. Monitoring and reporting program progress to management on an appropriate basis (at least monthly).
- Protect our company Industrial Business Line commercial interests by ensuring that long-term agreements are in place with major customers.
- Utilizing commercial skills to implement contractual terms and conditions that are consistent with goals and objectives and protect exclusive source agreements.
- Providing reliable customer and market information and communicating appropriately throughout the organization. Includes monthly sales forecast updates, monthly reports, customer visit reports, project/program updates and market competitor intelligence information.
- Responsible for executing the sales function within the established area of responsibility, and exceeding customer expectations in terms of service and support.
- Formulating, developing and achieving the annual sales budget for the region. Responsible to achieve the plan in sales and earnings.
- Responsible to report variances to plan in monthly report or more frequent if applicable.
- Leading the proposal and pricing process by providing competitive pricing and recommended selling strategy to win the business.
- Work within the parameters of the quotation process to recommend and establish target-selling prices and obtain necessary approvals. This includes compiling the supporting data, pricing strategy and contractual framework required developing the basis and formatting on complex multi-year proposals.
- Ensure that flow-down requirements are communicated to purchasing to ensure contracts are put in place to support long term agreements.
- Follow-up and report on a monthly basis the status of key quotations and proposals.
- Communicating to the organization the outcome of negotiations and ensuring that contract copies are appropriately circulated.
- Responsible to compile a procurement file on all long-term agreements that includes as a minimum: Customer request for proposal, cost/competitive price/marginal income analysis, Procurement Strategy, Negotiation Strategy, Approval Sheet, MOA, Contract, Amendments. Ensuring that one copy is submitted to central file and living copy maintained within the region.
- Communicate significant account activities to the organization on an appropriate basis.
- Manage the customer and competitor database such that all trends and subsequent actions can be anticipated and acted upon.
- Support business, marketing and market segment managers in the development and implementation of business line strategies. This includes intelligence on programs, competitive pricing, customer needs, target product requirements and market trends, as well as product and strategy implementation.
- Meet and exceed the regional sales budget
- Project management of complex qualification programs leading to growth.
- Formulation, development and implementation of complex sales strategies.
- Exceed Customer expectations in terms of service and support
- Requires outstanding communication and management skills to deal with complex technical and commercial issues at customers and all internal departments.
- Bachelor s Degree required. A major in Business, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering highly preferred.
- 5 - 10 years proven track record in sales in a business-to-business environment
- Experience selling in the composite materials and/or industrial sector highly preferred.
- Excellent computer package literacy
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Ability to be highly motivated and bias for action and execution of strategy
- Able to travel 50% of the time
California United States
Find a Job Find Candidates