Sales Account Executive, Pet Specialty - United States
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies. Join our team of over 12,000 employees dedicated to improving the quality of life for billions of people and pets across the Globe!
- The Account Executive is responsible for partnering with our retailer accounts to grow their pet care business. You will have responsibility to grow our company's revenue and profit via effective account management practices and implementation of recommendations at your assigned accounts.
Strategic Account Relationship and Strategic Development - Successfully enhances business relationships with focus on the Buyers but also inclusive up to the Director level in the categories for which they are responsible and across all necessary complementary departments. Leverage relationships and company Advantage to maximize company’s value as a partner and our business results.
Sales & Margin - Leads development of objectives and implements strategies to achieve sales plan at assigned accounts. Collaborates with Marketing and Marketing Information to develop and present category reviews, new product presentations, share growth initiatives and consumer insights findings in an actionable manner. Utilizes category and product information to develop and sell in robust rolling 6-12 month promotional calendars.
Internal Project Management – Is the Customer’s primary advocate inside the company. Directs initiatives with internal departments to ensure new products, promotions and other account initiatives are developed and shipped on time. Works with company Customer Service and Customer Replenishment teams to develop and execute service strategies to maximize DC and store in-stocks and is responsible for forecasting.
Price Management - Responsible for executing all Price Management activities at assigned accounts. Negotiates item pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives. Collaborates with Pricing Department and Marketing to understand and incorporate market and competitive intelligence into all price concession negotiations.
Broker Management – Responsible for the management of broker/s including broker goal setting, selling-tool development, & performance assessment.
Administrative - Responsible for ensuring compliance to company & Customer administrative requirements. Collaborates with internal colleagues to ensure company resources and systems are understood and aligned to the needs of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have at least 7 years of professional CPG experience, at least 5 years of which are in CPG Sales.
- Pet Industry experience preferred.
- Corporate retailer headquarter experience required.
- Experience in strategic selling to customers, demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Broker Management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Able to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations.
- Works well under tight timelines, can manage hundreds of difference skus across multiple retailers and categories and has ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability
- Ability to travel 30%