Safety Specialist, Franklinton, NC - United States
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world. For those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of our team, you will help empower the people and the business to deliver the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Safety Specialist, Franklinton, NC
As a member our safety team, you will develop, implement and maintain safety, health and hygiene programs, in accordance with federal and local regulations and internal company policies. You will be responsible for collaborating with all levels of employees within the organization, maintain timely communication with these employees, and effectively inform and train employees as needed. You will perform regular audits against company standards and ensure follow up as needed. This position will primarily manage and support the local sites safety programs and initiatives and provide regional support as needed.
In this position, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene or related field required
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience in Occupational Health & Safety required
- Must have relevant experience in an operational/industrial manufacturing setting
- Experience with developing and facilitating safety training
- Ability to engage, communicate and positively influence others across the entire workforce
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact People & Organization
Application deadline: June 13, 2017
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.