Safety, Health & Environmental Consultant - Egypt
DuPont Pioneer has an opening of Safety, Health & Environmental Consultant based in Conditioning Plant (Meet Bera – Menofia – Quesna)
- Implements through site/location safety personnel safety, loss prevention and occupational health programs for compliance with applicable local and regional SHE regulations for multiple sites within a business unit.
- Review facility operations by participating in 2nd Party SHE Audits and by consulting with business units, safety committees, Pioneer SHE networks and employees to identify unsafety working conditions and develop appropriate controls or alternatives.
- Support, coordinate and analyze occupational safety and health, industrial hygiene and appropriate environmental regulations and laws and recordkeeping for completeness and consistency.
- Assist line managers with interpretation and implementation of all facets of risk management work
- Reviews new equipment and processes for potential hazards and recommends modifications before introduction.
- Implement programs to meet business needs and ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations/laws.
- Support, Implement and perform industrial hygiene sampling and recordkeeping strategies.
- Perform industrial hygiene sampling to monitor gases, vapors, dust, noise, temperature. Documents findings and makes recommendations.
- Maintain monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Perform calibration of equipment for field use and instruct on equipment utilization.
Incident Investigation and Safety Audits
- Provide ""first point of contact" should an incident occur at an assigned location. Lead and/or support incident investigations for injuries, work related illnesses, near-misses and property or environmental incidents. Ensures that documentation is complete to meet business and regulatory requirements.
- Implement programs to address workplace environmental issues, including chemical/pesticide applications, air contaminants, and waste management.
- Review facility operations and consult with business units to identify environmental issues and develop appropriate responses.
- College/university degree. Professional safety designation
- 3-5 years in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, physical sciences or related field.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Position will be based in Conditioning Plant (Meet Bera – Menofia – Quesna)
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Communication skills to provide expert advice on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct field audits, identify & resolve hazardous conditions, consolidate findings, and interpret conclusions.
Competencies that match to role
- Business acumen
- Driving for results
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to climb or work in elevated areas
- Ability to operate motor vehicles
- Ability to work in environment containing pollen, mold, dust, noise and fumes
What we offer: At DuPont, we are dedicated to maximizing our most valuable asset—our people. We do so by embracing diversity and offering opportunities for continuous development, whilst maintaining a good work/life balance. Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, variable performance pay and a comprehensive benefits offering. A career at DuPont offers you an opportunity to become the catalyst for change, personally and professionally. This, together with a respectful workplace that rewards achievement, makes DuPont one of the best career choices today.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.