- Our company’s ambition is to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases.
- We focus on neurology and immunological diseases – putting patients at the center of our world. We are Inspired by Patients. Driven by Science.
- Our company’s Strategic Epidemiology team helps our company discover and develop innovative, differentiated medicines by providing human population-level evidence to inform decision-making during the earliest stages of Research & Development.
- In order to further strengthen our team, we are looking to fill the position of RWE Scientist / Epidemiologist
Embedded within our discovery research and early development organization and serving as a fully active member of the newly-created Real World Evidence (RWE) Practice, your expertise will help:
- Identify and articulate unmet need in novel and emerging patient sub-populations;
- Prioritize and refine research questions and clinical development assumptions (eg, the selection of target patient populations, appropriate clinical/patient-relevant endpoints, treatment comparators etc.);
- Enable strategic and business planning through forecasting number of treatment-eligible patients;
- Support external decision-making by key stakeholders (eg, regulators, policy makers, payers, prescribers);
- Contribute to the wider medical understanding of specific diseases/indications;
- Support key components of company’s patient value strategy through exploration of new perspectives that can augment ‘traditional’ clinical and nonclinical data.
- Co-creates Global RWE Strategy and evidence generation plan with relevant disease area leads.
- Delivers fit-for-purpose evidence to support assumptions for epidemiological forecasting.
- Leads RWD study execution; writes RWD study protocols (study specification and analysis specification, including table and figure shells when appropriate).
- Collaborates with colleagues across New Medicines and the wider company to identify and prioritize evidence gaps and implement fit for purpose solutions (eg, working with Value Strategy Leads, Global Exploratory Development Clinicians, Global Regulatory Affairs, Patient Access, Patient Safety, Molecular Genetics).
- Collaborates with colleagues in the wider RWE Practice (eg, Methodologists; Data Specialist; Analysts; other RWE Scientists) concerning study design, choice of data source, and protocol implementation as needed.
- Drives interpretation of analyses in collaboration with disease area leads & wider company stakeholders.
- Manages internal & external communication including any scientific publications in line with strategic publication plans; co-create RWE publication plan with disease area leads.
- May be required to manage contractors.
- Master’s degree OR Ph.D.
- University degree in Epidemiology or related discipline such as Public Health, Health Economics, Health Outcomes Research or Biostatistics.
- Strong proven experience delivering RWE projects from conceptualization to communication within the pharmaceutical industry or with a recognized expert consultancy or academic center of excellence; demonstrable publication record in relevant peer-reviewed scientific and/or clinical journals.
- Desirable/preferred experience: solid drug development understanding and awareness of the challenges faced in early development; proven ability to work across multiple disease areas. Depth and breadth of experience will be reflected in the grade.
- our company is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
Job Segment: Public Health, Scientific, Epidemiology, Genetics, Neurology, Healthcare, Engineering, Science