RWE Lead - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The position is placed within the newly established department of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Real World Evidence (RWE).
- The department plans and undertakes HEOR & RWE studies and develops tools (e.g. economic models) and real world evidence generation strategies to support the development, regulatory approval and market access for company products and ensure these are made available to benefit patients with psychiatric and neurological conditions.
- With more than 70 years in neuroscience our company has a truly outstanding expertise in developing and marketing treatments in Psychiatry and Neurology and has global presence in more than 50 countries with competencies and activities throughout the entire value chain.
Your job and key responsibilities
- As RWE Lead you are responsible for developing the global real world evidence strategy and tactics for the assigned development project(s).
- You are a key member of cross-functional product focus teams and work in close coordination with team members from other disciplines at both HQ and affiliate level. In addition, you support the relevant Disease Strategy Lead within our four focus disease areas Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease on matters related to e.g. epidemiology, patient segmentation, and development of relevant outcome measures.
Further responsibilities include:
- Generate RWE through the development and implementation of field studies and databases analyses in close collaboration with internal and external partners
- Lead the development of the design, study protocol and statistical analysis plan for RWE studies.
- Review results and participate in publication process.
- Participate in relevant working group(s)
- Contribute to the identification and evaluation of safety issues, participate in the creation and updates of safety documents in collaboration with relevant functions
Our preferred candidate will possess the following competences:
- Education and experience:
- Masters degree or PhD in Epidemiology, Pharmacoepidemiology or related scientific discipline, or MD with subspecialisation in Epidemiology or Public Health
- Minimum 5 years of proven professional experience in real world evidence / epidemiology at a pharmaceutical company, specialized consultancy, research institute or similar.
- Understanding of the purpose and role of real world evidence in pharmaceutical development
- Good understanding of strengths and limitations of observational studies, and more particularly using automated healthcare databases as a data source
- Experience in central nervous system (CNS) disorders and the relevant therapy area is a merit
- Personality and work habits:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good project management skills enabling to lead complex projects with external vendors (academic and private), partners and global colleagues producing high-quality deliverables on time and budget
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex data into relevant and compelling information for internal and external customers
- A natural team player who is highly motivated by interacting with colleagues across functions
- Fluent level of English (written and verbal)
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.